Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #15
ebcorde
Veteran

I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Too bad Bris doesn't publish how they determine the 3 of 5 races that they use for their calculations for different distances. My lengthy experience using the Bris running styles and speed points is that sometimes they make absolutely no sense, unless somehow they are using more than 5 races for their calculations. If you use the published Quirin running style and speed points calculations, often you will come up with different assignments than Brisnet, for both running style and speed points. Very confusing and frustrating, to say the least. I spent, literally, hundreds of hours trying to mirror the Brisnet running style and speed point assignments (after switching from Brisnet data files to JCapper data files), and never could, so I finally gave up and now use my own calculations. Unfortunately my assignments don't work as well as Brisnet's in the Randy Giles pace pressure gauge, but they do work better than JCapper's assignments (JCapper only uses "good" races for their assignments, which would be fine if every horse in a race was going to run early like they do in their good races, unfortunately they don't.)
what I do is compare Early Pace figures to Quirin run style and speed points
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)