Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #35
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
If you don't mind, explain why you see this.

I watched him work for quite a while over at OP. I am not seeing any improvement----I see a horse who freaks in the slop, who gives the appearance of an improving horse because previously he really hasn't done much----then he gets on mud in the Preakness and handles it better than some of the other horses and suddenly now he's an "improving horse"?

Not saying I'm right, just want some other thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Still messing around with this, the top 4 horses all improved their rating compared to their last race.

... 1950
... 1897
... 1856
... 1848
... 1841
... 1836
... 1824
... 1806
Just using my rating system for this.

Justify had gone from 1899 to 1928 to 1950 and Bravazo had gone from 1727 to 1737 to 1848. This is why I say this. The rating has been good for picking winners when they have a 30 pt advantage and it has been good at showing improvement. Why it is good at picking winners is because that is what it is designed for. Why it is showing improving form is still a little bit of a mystery to me. Since it uses only pace and speed figures I can see some of it but a lot of the time, as the case with Bravazo, when I look at the form I do not see it myself. The rating system is a work in progress but I am starting to trust it more and more.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)