Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 03:19 AM   #255
DGroundhog
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You are entitled to your opinion...even if that opinion is misguided. I think most of us here have been around the block a few times in this game...and we pretty much know what the "racing industry" thinks of its customers. As far as I am concerned...a "failing product" is exactly what this industry deserves.
I would agree the industry is failing, but I believe it is because younger people would rather sit at a slot machine and push a button rather than invest (how long?) time into becoming an educated horse player.

Even if their chances of winning is greater playing horses than slots or the lottery - slots or lottery is a dumb play that any imbecile can win.

The biggest problem is attracting younger fans more interested in mindless gaming with bells and whistles and OMG there is an ELLEN slot machine I can play!

I would advocate race tracks cater more to the sports betting crowd. Get every MMA or boxing PPV fight, fantasy football crowds - all that. Throw up some horse racing signals, offer an analyst and maybe a 'group play' sort of format so people can just ride along the coat tails of somebody who knows the game and might hit a decent payout once in a while.

Marketing can go a long ways.
DGroundhog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)