Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:40 AM   #249
DGroundhog
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGroundhog View Post
I would suggest competent businessmen who reasonably listen to concerns and address what they can.

AlsoEligible is likely one of them. Todd Bowker is also another. I am not. Pry them for info, and accept what they have to say. They seem like reasonable and informed people who are good representatives for the industry.
..and I would add that they appear to LOVE this industry. I do as well, but have a different perspective. Much of it as a typical fan.

As a typical fan, I would present that there are a significant number of people at the racetrack that I really only get mild amusement from. They complain, every race is fixed, the jockey didn't ride right, they almost bet that horse, the odds changed, etc. etc. etc.

If you hang out at the race track with any reasonable frequency and are objective, you might be thinking, yeah - there is some truth to that.

The racetracks don't hate you. They want to deliver a product you are satisfied with. They aren't terrible businessmen who profit when you don't cash. Almost everybody in the industry likes it, loves it or has made it their life (probably tending towards the latter) - even though it is a failing product that needs new blood. That is a simple and undeniable fact.
DGroundhog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement