Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 12:53 AM   #198
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The biggest advantage, for me, is being able to mold HSH to fit MY style of play and MY current objectives.

HSH isn't telling me HOW I should play, or demanding I handicap a certain way.

That's what I find most useful about the program.

The question about data, metrics, algorithms, etc., I am not going to tackle. First off, there are just way too many things going on in HSH. Most of the stuff I don't even use. Which is great. Maybe I will incorporate some of the other capabilities later on. But being a program that I can mold into my way of handicapping tells you there is a LOT going on.

Again, I think Dave would be best to answer the second part of your question.
Thanks for the response but as you understand it does not spread a lot of light in what I am asking here.

The fact that HSH can fit to your style and your current objectives indicates flexibility and customization which are characteristics of high quality software; still and without any intention to provoke, what you are saying here is very generic and blurry and does not help us to clarify what you are talking about.

Is this about proving hand crafted decision trees? Do you have access to macro-handicapping metrics that you can customize on demand? Is machine learning involved? Can you extend this software with macros and provide it with on demand data? Do you use probability calibration? What methods of data normalization you apply? These are just a few of the questions that you need to address to make the discussion interesting and important; otherwise I am afraid that what you are saying here cannot become the topic of a handicapping conversation but remains some type of a promotion of the specific software.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)