Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #35
slodog
slodog

Mr Hawg

I thank you for the opportunity to look at your program. This week I took a bit of time and ran a years worth of data through two tracks ( Mnr and Ct).

The results were good. In all I did around 2200 races. The win percentage on dirt for top ranked horse was a little over 32%. Turf was a little less at a little over 28%, but there were only about 200 of these.

I also normalized them and the hit percentage went up to a little over 35% for horses in the top 90 percentile. It stayed about the same for the top 95 percentile, but the sample of those was really small.

As far as suggestions, the thing that would be the most benefit to me would be a csv file of the raw scores of the factors that you are using. That way one could easily do a MLR in excel using solver to help weight the factors.

I hope this helps some.

Again thank you very much for the opportunity to try your program, and wish you the very best with it.

Jim
slodog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)