Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #32
headhawg
crusty old guy

Development update

First of all, thanks to the users who have provided feedback. I will certainly take the suggestions under advisement. Considering that there has been 131 view/downloads I was really hoping for more feedback. So I am a little disappointed with that but not really surprised.

Secondly, what's next? I have been doing a lot of research lately. The core idea in HHQSS is sound, but I have been working on improving it. A new version is in the works. From a development POV it's virtually a new program. I am going to tweak the factors being used and also add new features. Some of the significant ones are adding the ability to scratch horses (similar to my HDST program), and also a user options screen. Some of the options will include choosing from different early speed and speed rating methods, and also the ability to choose the factors to include/exclude from the ratings. I am also toying around with idea of letting the user set the factor "weights".

The other important news is that I am unlikely to release this as a freeware program. While I don't expect to sell too many copies, a little bit of compensation will help me develop two other programs that I have in mind. This decision is not set in stone, so we will see what happens.

Thanks again and best of luck to all.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)