Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 02:02 AM   #14
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
These Jackpots are going to be the death of racing one day (if the drugging and cheating doesn't kill it first - or the horse fatalities).

Just one more Fix on a Pick6 Jackpot could do it.
Well, if the Breeder's Cup pick 6 "Drexel" scandal back in 2002 didn't kill the exotic bets, I think that the jackpot pools have some wriggle room. It was only a couple of years ago there was an uproar over the jackpot pick 6 at Louisiana Downs that ended up NOT being a jackpot, because the post time favorite resulted in a second winning ticket from a late scratch. And did that adversely affect the jackpot style wagers? Ummm, no.

Look at the carryovers across the country on a typical day of racing. Jackpots lead the way, and appear to my untrained eye to be gaining in popularity.

I agree that that drugs and cheating are big problems, if not bigger problems, and I would submit the jackpot style pools are a desperate attempt by the parasite to maintain life while the host is dying.

BUT - there is a minimum number of players that will continue to play the horses, short of the Sun going supernova, no matter what.

And as George C. Scott said so eloquently in the movie "Patton", and as paraphrased by Andy Beyer, "God Help Me, but I love it so...."

Last edited by Parkview_Pirate; 04-09-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)