Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #64
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
And by the way, I got into my December trade as easy as I have ever gotten into a trade like this. I must have messed something up...when I was about to enter the trade, the midpoint was (I swear) around 9.60-9.70...I put my order in for 9.65 and was almost immediately filled at 9.29...it was very weird.

And it wasn't like I had to have screwed up, because if that were the case, I would have immediately been down on the trade, but I wasn't...

What I think must have happened, was that I wasn't paying as much attention as I should, and while the 9.60-9.70 was what I saw on my screen, it was probably one of those "fakey" type midpoints...these things have a tendency to jump every so often to prices that you KNOW aren't all that valid...that must have been what I saw, what I entered, and was so far beyond the norm, I got filled immediately at the true midpoint...

Entering and exiting these trades can be a bitch, as you well know...
Actually, I exited and entered my trades today above the midpoint. In other words, I got a better than average fill. Instead of starting out at the midpoint I started well above and worked my way toward the center. I was kind of surprised. Maybe it was because of the volatility, I don't know.

But what I do know, on IB anyway, is that there were some freeze ups on certain contracts and prices that weren't moving with the market. I don't think that was the case with my trades that got filled, but it was the case with a different trade I was trying to make earlier on. The price was frozen on the option even though the stock was moving.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)