Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #151
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Why should you two care?...You're both busted and own no stocks anyway..
One of my first jobs back in 1971 was manually inserting copies of Barrons overnight on Fridays at the Dow Jones printing plant in Chicopee, Massachusetts for mailing. (BTW, that phrase "Hot off the presses" can be taken literally, picking up stacks of papers is about the same temp as a bagel from a toaster oven)There were leftover copies we could bring home and I would read them, even though a I was a mere high school lad.Learned quite a bit and started investing, getting a mutual fund from Scudder in 1977, one of the few in those days you could buy sans sales charge.When I started teaching in 1980, I signed up for the 403b, did the IRA in the mid 80's and bought individual stocks in the late 80's.I have 22 stocks in dividend reinvestment plans and also own 25 other companies.Right now, my holdings including my lovely brides IRA and CD's- she's the cash in our portfolio-is about 750,000 .We own 2 homes free and clear and don't owe a penny to anyone in the world.

Will there be a correction,sell off, bear market?
Someday
Do I worry about it?
No

I've driven used cars and eaten canned ravioli before and I can do it again.My wife didn't have electricity in her little town in the Dominican Republic until she was 11 years old.We both make every nickel bleed.Because we like to.I don't mind spending money, I don't like wasting it.
But enough about moi.

Have a pleasant and prosperous evening.And a Happy New Year.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement