Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #18
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
If only

1) they could move that turf course just about anywhere

2) all those people who desperately wanted the smoking bans actually showed up after the bans were enacted

3) greenwood was never allowed to ruin the paramutuel racing in Central and South Jersey

4) the New Jersey Racing Commission gave a crap about the welfare of Garden State Park
Greenwood is "mud" to me....Yeah, Brennan( developer of the new GSP) was a jerk, but that was a fine racing facility. It was clean and well run. GSP also offered NJ horsemen a place to race and more or less gave NJ Barns a circuit.
IMO,Garden State should still be operating today, but Greenwood killed it. I believe this was done purposely to make room for their Phila Park ( Now Parx) track..
I really liked the place. Even though it was a 1.5 to 2 hr drive from my former Bergen County home, I made the trip several times during the Thoroughbred and harness meets.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most