Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Not So Fast
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
Cratos

Not So Fast

Except for Always Dreaming’s 1:47.47 victory in the 1-1/8M FL Derby the other major Derby preps might be written off as “clunkers.”

However, it was not too far in the past that Secretariat, one of the best ever, threw a 1:49 4/5 clunker in the Wood, his Derby prep and subsequently broke 3 track records in his next 3 starts in route to the Triple Crown.

I am not saying that there is a “Secretariat” among this year’s Derby hopefuls, but I am saying that final times are virtually meaningless as a single point estimate.

I have not run my model for the Derby, but I will and I think it will produce a Derby final time faster than the historical average final Derby time.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most