Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Backyard Patio
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 04:29 AM   #76
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My last post reminded me of something. We used a GC to redo our kitchen last summer. We needed him to do some work in a hall bathroom but he was in poor health, suggested his daughter do the job and guaranteed the Quality of work

The work his daughter did was top flight. Couldn't be better. She works oddly enough at home depot in the paint section. Talk about a waste of talent. I'd guess she makes more on the side, on her own. Like my wife learned diy from her dad, so did that young gal.

I will post some more pictures of the shit hole I am slowly fixing up. My house was built in 1981. I challenge anyone to show a house that has an example of ineptness in all the construction trades with not a thing done right. When I tore up the laundry room floor I thought "Holy crap the foundation is good."
As usual I spoke too soon. They used cinder block for the foundation footings, but they did not seal them. The cores were either left open or full of soil. Moisture wicked up, weeds invaded the bedroom, carpet molded, drywall molded and when the plumbing to the well failed so much moisture came in a corner section of the bdroom the sill board rotted out. The house is also below grade on one side with a negative grade angle away from the house helping more moisture get in.

My point is the various people that worked on this house probably have children and grand children in the construction trades around here, most all the construction trade bloodlines in this area are bad. I did call a plumber once as my old battered fat ass does not belong crawling down a well to pull up the line to change the pump. He sent a young helper down in the hole. Unfortunately when I was thinking of hiring out the job to re-plumb and rewire the well and run PEX through the attic he never returned my messages. I think he must have had been going through a divorce as his wife ran the office. I still see his truck around town and was more than nice to him and his helper as I tipped them lunch money.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom