Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #171
proximity

beast of the far east? or driving home hungry??

ok poker fans, we're back with more mid-atlantic excitement and today it's yet another edition of "the thursday game."

for this contest i opt to head out to the sands (bethlehem, pa) where i plan to do some shopping at the puma outlet, beat some 3/6 donkeys, and maybe hit another high hand.

there's terrible traffic on the way out 78 east but they've (finally) completed a lot of the construction off the sands exit and i arrive with plenty of time left in the night to meet my goals.

i kickoff the gambling in a 3/6 limit contest that's about as stable as a kardashian marriage. it seems like at least two or three players are away from the table all the time but i still can't win a hand. with JJ i finally get on the board when two villains miss a queen high flop.

with JTs i'm getting big odds to call for an 8 following a 976 flop. a queen on the turn makes me open ended and i river a king to crack aces and move ahead for the game. shortly thereafter i quit at +18 and head over to the mall section of the complex to do some shopping at the puma outlet.

the hits just keep on coming here in 2017 though poker fans.

a cute mall security guard informs me that the puma outlet has been shuttered.

i grab some nike socks at famous footwear. maybe nike will change my luck for the rest of the year? could it get any worse?

at least for this night.... it can.

i start game number two with several playable hands..... they all lose.

AK hits a flop but is beaten by 63... and not from the blinds.

after some more losing, AK hits another flop.

this time the hand appears headed to victory until another player (who check-called the whole way) slowly rolls over AK too.

at least i didn't lose the hand.

it's getting late and this game has more clowns than ringling brothers. tired, frustrated, and hungry i wave the white flag at -115 and head over to the food court to grab some fine asian cuisine at far east.

however, a jill scott concert has just let out at the event center and the line at far east extends almost to hong kong and i drive home hungry.

proximity loses again.

thank you for reading.

game +18 (3/6)
-115 (3/6)
year -1228 (36-34)
promo 0 (695)

Last edited by proximity; 07-26-2017 at 06:22 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)