Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner
Winning the first PA player of the year is the pinnacle of my handicapping life. I feel a bit like I think George Washington or Bart Starr felt to be first - proud and humble at the same time. I'd like to say I enjoyed all the contests equally, but the truth is I enjoyed those where I did well the most.

What a wonderful concept. A series of various handicapping challenges, so diverse that no one could be comfortable in all of them. If I were to start a company, I would want to have Jay Trotter as top salesman and head of publicity. Then I'd hire Track Collector to be head accountant. Bet I'd be a millionaire in 5 years.

There would be no contests were it not for our generous sponsors. Hats off to RDSS, ASD, Gapfire, Brisnet, Overlay, Idabet, and Premier Turf Club. And without Pace Advantage nothing would happen. Thank you all so much.

Right from the get-go I was obsessed with the tournament. I strategized what type of attack I should use for each game, which are different enough to require different approaches. Of course, luck is a strong component
all the time. It was not smooth going. In two of the games I failed to even muster up the courtesy 200 points. When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

Winning this honor is a release of years of struggle, of persistence against long odds, of untold moments of near surrender to a game that so often is brutal in its dispensation of frustration and defeat. To be named handicapper of the year is relief beyond belief.
Congratulations, Aner...on a fantastic display of handicapping prowess.

This site could not possibly have found a more worthy handicapper -- and a nicer guy -- to represent us.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)