Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #15
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW
John,

This was a ploy by the Az. racing industry to force people to go to the tracks/OTB. Nothing more.
I understand and agree. There are plenty of people to blame and Kyl is one of them, in my opinion.

Quote:
This was a HANA project.
Again, I agree. I attended the Yavapai/HANA meeting in person along with Jeff Platt. It was pretty productive given how new HANA was and what little cred we had at the time. That meeting gave HANA a boost. I was also very impressed with the GM and track announcer. Sadly, their names escape me -- Boomer? Those guys worked their tails off to get the plant open and ready for business and they seemed genuinely interested in growing Yavapai.

Quote:
It was business decisions such as this that was a prime motivator behind the formation of HANA.
Once again, I agree. I felt strongly enough about the plight of horseplayers that I put together the first meetings to form HANA. I will always be very proud that I was able to help in it's creation.

When I left the board of HANA I knew it was in great hands. It's great to see the work continuing.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)