Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #175
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
There's no way for me to say this politely. (So I won't.)

I call bullshit on the idea that Horseplayers should just shut up and bet (be ok with the uncorrectable being part of racing.)

Look. The CHRB made the effort to implement a rule benefiting owners, riders, and trainers that gives the stewards discretion to have mistakenly scratched horses run for purse money only.

If the CHRB can do that for horsemen:

The CHRB should step up and do the same thing for Horseplayers.

Implement a rule that allows the stewards to restore mistakenly scratched horses back into the tote.

Imo, it's the right thing to do going forward from an integrity of the game perspective.

-jp

Just because this rule didn't benefit certain horseplayers who had the on their tickets doesn't mean this rule doesn't benefit horseplayers.

There are other horseplayers (say, those who were on track and had to stand in long lines to bet) who might very well benefit from a rule against "unscratches".

Gamblers are full of results-oriented thinking. This is just a version of it- "it cost this one group of horseplayers money, therefore it must be bad and anti-horseplayer". No, it isn't bad and it isn't anti-horseplayer.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)