Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 02:26 AM   #8380
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Hey, Actor, the next time you go to the bank, try getting a loan without a credit check. Let me know how that works out for you.
I have no need to borrow money.

But your "universal law of distrust" implies that no one trusts, nor should anyone trust, anyone else. You are appealing to the fallacy of ignorance, i.e., assuming that there are only two possibilities and if one cannot be proven then the other must be true. This is often called the black and white fallacy because it assumes there is no middle ground.

Take your example of a credit check. The primary question of a credit check is not can I be trusted to pay the loan back, rather it is the question of do I have the means to pay it back. I have no doubt that getting a car loan would be no problem, but borrowing ten million dollars to buy a twelve bedroom house would be another matter.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)