Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #18
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The issue isn’t whether it’s mathematically correct to think about the value of the individual “combinations”. The issue is whether you can sustain all the losing financially and emotionally if you use too tight of a value oriented approach trying to maximize ROI. That could mean a lot of years of losing, a straight jacket, and a visit to the poor house before you are rewarded, if ever.

There is a flip side though.

Show me a Pick 6 player that isn’t thinking about value at all and I’ll show a losing player. I might even be able to show you a few that could be winning in doubles, picks 3s, and pick 4s with value oriented thinking instead of chasing dreams and losing in the Pick 6.

I completely agree. My point is that one horse does not determine value in a P-6.

I also said that I believe that betting DDs, P-3s, and many P-4s should be driven by the value of individual horses.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)