Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #35
coachv30

I've found out over the past few years that it is possible to turn some people onto playing the horses. However, these individuals need to be recreational gamblers to begin with. I've turned a total of 4 friends / work colleagues into horse players in the last four years. They were all originally sports bettors.

How did I do it?

1) By sending them snapshots of winning ADW tickets that showed how I was able to turn $20 into $300+ in less than 2 minutes time.

2) By razzing them when they brag about the 3 game parlay that they hit the night before where they have to put up $100 to get back $175.

They don't have to be a fan of the game to be a fan of the wager.

Over time, they started becoming fans of the process. They would ask me questions about PP's and what does this and that mean....

Three of the four still bet sports as well and one has converted to solely horse racing and has become pretty damn good.

I realize that this says nothing about the overall state of the game, but if you're a gambler by heart, it's possible to develop the interest. Besides, as many have said before on here, the more you know about the game itself the worse off you are.

Last edited by coachv30; 03-09-2019 at 11:44 AM.
coachv30 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)