Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: LPGA
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
1) What's up with Yani Tseng ? She's a mere shell of the golfer she was a couple of months ago, when she was winning everything & intimidating the rest of the tour.Lately she can't crack the top 10. Today, she's 14 over in the Open.

2) Is Michelle Wie just a product of hype from when, as a teenager, she tried to crack the men's tour ? Her putting is atrocious.After a nice round on friday, she ballooned to 7 over yesterday; and she has 4 bogeys today already.

3) Are the American women destined for a long run of also-rans ?
Here's my two cents worth:

1.Yani Tseng - she is living proof that once you've mastered the golf swing, the game is 90% psychological. (David Duval and Tiger Woods also know that ballpark.)
Some type of "Demon" is bothering Yani. It is showing in her body language.
She has all of the talent in the world, but some event that we don't know about has happened. Yani also has some type of arm injury that she may be protecting.

2. Michelle Wie - has a swing that most of us would die to have. However, she's living proof that at the pro level, the short game is king.
The old saying "You drive for show, and putt for dough" comes to mind.

3. American Women - Dottie Pepper hit the nail on the head yesterday when she said "American women are being outworked."
Simply stated, Asians have an unbelievable work ethic in sports.
They practice, practice, practice.
American women have as much talent, if not more.
They are not putting in the hours that the Asians are.
That is unfortunate.
Personally, and perhaps I'm identifying a bit of bigotry in my own personality that needs working on, I have a harder time pulling for the Asian players than I do for the Americans.
I don't like to think of myself as racist, but the LPGA has identified a part of me that is. I don't like it. But it is what it is.
On the other hand, I, a true hacker, marvel at the likes of Choi, who weighs no more than a 110 pounds soaking wet, and how she smacks that ball so far and straight. I envy that ability.
But I have to keep reminding myself, she's probably spent 8 hours a day for years, honing that ability.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)