Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 AM   #38
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
... I thought that by getting actively involved and giving them input they would open their eyes and start to realize racing is a customer driven business. I thought that given access to relevant information they would start making decisions based on the same criteria that successful businesses with a profit motive do... such as identifying customer needs and wants and then making an effort to satisfy those needs and wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P

Looking back I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only were they aware of racing's paid for economic studies and case history from other forms of gambling - but they were purposely choosing to ignore it.

... At some point you HAVE to consider the possibility the owner of that store no longer deserve your business.

... And it's exactly where horseplayers find themselves right now.

... It's crystal clear to me now that a different approach is needed. ...
jp,
Two years ago, you wrote words well worth remembering regarding the lack of respect with which racing treats its customers. You articulately advocated influencing change through a collective voice with strength in numbers.

IMO we will get neither numbers nor respect until horseplayers of every stripe can come together in mutual respect and common purpose. It will take standing up for fairness and equal opportunity for economic benefit to all horseplayers as well as horsemen to unite us in sufficient numbers to actually accomplish something.

Perhaps it was also worth the wait for this skullduggery in Sacramento to present us all with the motivation necessary to succeed.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)