Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I dont know whats going on, trying to get to the bottom of it. I would imagine it may be a power play to use one provider that they have a deal with.
When will this industry, wagering on horse racing. wise up. A few years ago when the horsemen refused to deal with Colonial Downs in good faith, they were successful in shutting down horse racing in the entire state. Included were all ADW accounts and all of the Virginia OTB sites.
And why did they do this? One reason I read was the horsemen from Maryland were upset there was a gap created in the Maryland schedule to accommodate the Colonial meeting. The other was the horsemen wanted bigger purses. The money was not there. So instead of 3/4's a loaf, they got no loaf.
So they walked. Screwed the fans and the track's operators. Plus there was some development slated for the area surrounding the track property.
Horsemen have far too much clout. Ideally, there should be a balance of interest between the track management, horsemen and of course US
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)