Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
Clocker

From the Powerline blog:

Quote:
President Trump has given a wide-raning interview to New York Times reporters Peter Baker, Michael Schmidt and Maggie Haberman. The Mueller investigation is on his mind in a big way. President Trump observes: “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else” (audio below). The President further characterizes Sessions’s recusal as “extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president” (a point he makes twice).

I read the interview as an invitation to Attorney General Sessions to resign. As I hear the audio, President Trump’s anger rises to the surface. This can’t be Trump’s last word on the arrangement that now obtains and that he so regrets.
Only Trump and Sessions know what went on between them. But based on this and everything else I see in the media, Sessions would resign if he had any backbone. A good manager would have settled this long ago, either firing Sessions or putting it all behind them.

Instead, Trump lets it fester for months and then goes public with it, whining about Sessions in the media, and the NY Times at that. I assume that Sessions did not know this was coming. I'd consider it a stab in the back and say take this job and shove it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...mp-regrets.php

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)