Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 08:22 AM   #28
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
my experience is eerily similar to yours except that i basically just spot play watch horses to win on this circuit. i also pass los al pretty much. (i maybe bet geezer (?) there off what was really the worst trip of the entire del mar meet iirc?)

anyhow i "beat" the main del mar meet but really just hung on as i was trending down at the end. at santa anita i didn't get many horses but was set to win again with, ironically a #10 horse, who's candy on october 8th but miller closed up the rail and nailed me right at the end. i accepted defeat and looked forward to del mar november but kept getting the same trip there where i'm 8th and close to 5th, not really challenging. i was 0/5 and thought about trying the last race of the meet where i figured earls rock and the irad ortiz horse would be underlays. luckily i passed sincei believe they ran 1-2.

so you're not alone if it's any consolation and fortunately we get a little break here to recharge our batteries. good luck in 2023!!
looking back at the thread, i'm not sure there's any way to break a slump? sometimes i feel the best we can do is hope the slump doesn't break us??

circuit specific: #2 admiralty place in the first yesterday was the kind of play here that is at times too typical for me. my notes say "bad ride by juan," then i wait (only!!) six months for the horse to resurface only to see that juan has jumped to the #1 horse. i consult with a player here who is one of the best (if not the single best) "lone wolf" (non whale) players of this circuit. he calls this race 7-2 cold but i still think i can beat the 7 so i put in the play and go to bed. i wake up, admiralty place is dead on the board and millie ball is on the computer acting like the horse isn't even in the race. i do beat the seven, but of course juan gets away on the other drysdale horse #1 and i'm too far back to run him down. and the game continues.....
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)