Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:34 PM   #19
CheckMark

Top 10 list for me (not in any particular order)

1) Take a break! Honestly take a day or two off from racing altogether to regroup

2) Go back and figure out what horses beat you to see what you may have missed so you can watch for it next time

3) If you play multiple tracks please STOP DOING THIS and focus on 1-2 tracks max! Personally, the tracks I play are Oaklawn and Saratoga plus the Triple Crown/Breeders Cup that way I am not doing 3+ tracks figuring out how to stretch my bankroll around which would definitely give me a headache capping multiple tracks all day long

4) Buy information that will actually help you; Don't splurge and buy all the handicapping products expecting to win every race; Instead have 1 past performance or 2 if you like (DRF+Brisnet Ultimate etc) and 1 or 2 other handicapper sheets that way you are not overdoing your handicapping and that you can focus on little things

5) Set a bankroll for the day and if you go by it STOP BETTING! Don't go chasing races so you can be "even" with the racing gods; If you lose it all (sadly) then pack up and wait for the next day; But if you have enough to play minimize your bets wisely

6) That last sentence leads into #6 where you play bets that you have a high chance of hitting vs playing every race and playing bets that have a lower chance of hitting; If you do that chances are your win% will increase and you'll feel better knowing that you have a shot to win in smart bets vs bad bets; Also set reasonable betting amounts for the bets you do like $1 exactas vs $10 exactas or 10 cent supers vs $20 super boxes etc etc

7) Focus on good betting races to wager on (this goes well with #6) like races with good-sized fields and horses who actually have starts vs races where horses have limited info and you are relying on a miracle to happen with bets placed on the little info you have; Focusing on good betting races increases the likelihood that you will have a better grasp on the horses and have better confidence that you can find a winner!

8) Set a value for how much a horse is really worth betting; If you like a horse think of a good odd to bet on and if the opportunity gets there and it is staying like that Bet it! Think of it this way: Is my bet that I am going to place a return well to make a profit or am I just doing this for action and to get back?

9) Get a good night's sleep and have a good diet plan; Getting a good night's sleep (all night) increases brain function (for concentration and productivity) keep a good weight and also helps emotions stay in check! Also if you plan a diet out for yourself like staying within 2000 cal/drinking lots of water/going for a walk-jog etc this will also improve your mental state and you will feel better about yourself! You will feel ready to win and have the confidence you need to succeed! Plus dieting also means cutting back on alcohol and other drug intakes (vaping/bong rips/gummies etc)

10) The final step is to put all the steps above together and grind grind grind! Just like Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson once said "Success isn't always about greatness; It's about consistency; Constant hard work leads to success and greatness will come"

Hopefully, this helps!! Good luck!!! I know you can do it!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)