Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 01:37 AM   #23
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
My thinking on this topic goes something like this:

My experience in the game tells me that the "standout" horses, who don't receive the betting action that they logically should, are very unlikely to win the race. We call this the "dead-on-the-board" phenomenon...and it's a very real occurrence, IMO. Consequently...I am forced to assume that the OPPOSITE occurrence is real, as well. When a nondescript horse, who should logically receive little betting support, is getting hammered on the board...then I harbor dark suspicions that the same sinister forces which have introduced the "dead-on-the-board" phenomenon to us, are at work yet again. If I consider myself a sucker for betting on the "dead-on-the-board" horses...then I am also a sucker if I ignore the horses that get hammered on the board when their credentials don't warrant the betting support.

I am a huge X-Files fan...and I got an idea some years ago as I was watching agent Scully talking into a mini-recorder while performing an autopsy. And...I have since been carrying a mini-recorder with me wherever I bet the horses, where I dictate to myself the betting peculiarities that I notice on the tote-board during the day's events...hoping to uncover any identifiable "patterns" which could hopefully make this troublesome topic a little easier for me to comprehend. The results that I have received so far have been positive enough to warrant continuing with this endeavor...even though it adds substantially to my workload. The only negative that I have noticed while doing this is that, since I do all of my wagering around other people, I will occasionally catch those around me giving me curious glances, while probably thinking that the game has relegated me to the level of mental infirmity where I am now carrying on entire conversations with myself. But then I remind myself that I didn't become a horseplayer so I could elevate my "social standing" among the other gamblers. I just want to WIN.
When I look in a mirror.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)