Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #27
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I want to point out that there is a big difference between a 16yo LEARNING about the mechanics of horse racing and BETTING on horse racing. Now would be a good time for an apprenticeship for a 16yo who is interested in betting the horses in a couple of years through learning about it. It is a great mental exercise.

When i was 10yo, I would grab my fathers WSJ and check out stocks on the NYSE. ALL my stocks I followed made a nice or huge profit. I had the skill a stockbroker could only dream about. My father wouldn't listen to my picks because I was 10yo so I stopped telling him. But what my father couldn't see was that my age didn't matter because what I lacked in maturity was taken up with a skill. As I matured and became more "educated", I lost that skill even though I am doing well in the Stock market today.

As handicappers, this is what we mean when we talk about "thinking outside the box". In other words, thinking in unconventional but potentially productive ways. I think a serious 16yo can come up with good angles at that age that he will not remember as he becomes "matured" and "educated" just as I did at 10yo.
Light, I learn by writing things down in Hilroy notebooks and I mean EVERYTHING! From my trips to the track, to mentors teaching me the ways of their handicapping, to stats about my selections. And I can remember ANYTHING!
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)