Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 05:07 PM   #8
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Why would JohnnyV go from Federal Case to Mihos? I fully expect Javi to be tough on that Pletcher horse.
So many potential factors but one would think he had an option to stay the horse. Mihos is the stakes winner but he benefited from a hot pace in the Macho Man going 3/4 in 1:10.2 then the final 1/4 in a relatively soft 26.6 after allowing a 2.5 length (half second) adjustment.

The raw clock for Federal Case was a full second faster in spite of a softer pace to the 3/4. He ran the final 1/4 in relatively decent 25.1.

Castellano is hot and his horse does measure well here. I will certainly use him in the gimmicks and wouldn't be that stunned if he did pull an upset. The chalk has been able to walk around the track like his pedestrian 1:14.6 six panel call in the Remsen. He should get some pace pressure here. As such, I doubt I can confidently single the but he will get the most use.

Last edited by f2tornado; 01-31-2019 at 05:08 PM.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)