Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 12:35 AM   #7605
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I just finished Dr. Heiser's book "The Unseen Realm", and it was a fascinating read.

One of the neat features to the book is that after each titled section, which usually consists of several chapters, he wrote a brief summary (in most cases) for each section. The summaries, collectively, are so good and, generally, concise that I'm giving serious thought to reproducing those summaries to post here because they provide such a great overview of the biblical story. Taken together, they give the reader a coherent and succinct bird's eye view of the content of that big book we call the Bible. It would be like looking at the bible landscape from 30,000 feet up -- necessarily short on detail by design, yet long
on condensed content.

There are two exceptions to what I just stated above. One of them is that one of his summaries is lengthy, so this might require two posts. The other exception is that for some reason, he didn't summarize the last section in his book, so that would have to fall on me. But I think if I reread that last section, I would be able to compose something that would be relatively short and concise.

His summaries go to the heart of what I have often stated in this thread and the original one, for that matter: The bible is a cohesive and homogeneous body of literature that tells a unified story from cover to cover.
Is this book now to be elevated to the status of scripture?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most