Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #22
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Me too, formula; me too.

I was already living in Pennsylvania 2-3 years when the 1994 Woodward was run. Pha Park had the simulcasting program churning in full bore by then so I could have stayed home and watch and bet from the track. But so what; I wanted to see Holy Bull run, live.

So, I drove the 95 miles or so each way, and I am forever glad I did. I even ran into an old newspaper guy who knew me from my days with NYRA in the very crowded paddock area. He asked me: 'What are you doing here? I said: 'I just wanted to come and see Holy Bull run. No other reason'.

Holy Bull's 1994 Woodward was one of the very best performances by a racehorse I ever witnessed! And he beat up a bunch of top horses of their time doing so.

RIP to a truly great horse, Holy Bull. The memories will last forever and ever.
Great post.

I was another of the people that Holy Bull helped get into racing. He was my first "favorite horse" and thrilling to watch run. I'll always remember Holy Bull blowing away the field in the Woodward and Mike Smith (hard to believe Mike Smith is winning huge races 23 years later) pumping his fist and yelling. I think I was almost as excited.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)