Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
pele polo

Pimlico vs Laurel

Got back to Laurel today for the first time in five years, also the first time since the "renovations".

I have to say I was left wanting a little more.

Not sure where all this money is going. They have plenty of brand new tv screens and a nice simulcast set up downstairs in both the grandstand and clubhouse but I'm afraid that's all people are referring to when they are mentioning the upgrades.

The entire upstairs seating is a ghost town and the old clubhouse dining is shutdown, without any progress of construction.

The exterior of the building looks the same as it did 20 years ago I'm sure.

People are calling for this place to hold a Breeders' Cup. They're so far from that its unimaginable not including parking and lodging.

I will say the overall product of Maryland racing is much better off than five years ago but I'm not seeing much difference between Pimlico and Laurel tracks or neighborhoods. I actually prefer pimlico for actual live racing. Really hope they don't make the mistake of getting rid of the Baltimore track on the strength of Laurel. I think people forget Laurel isn't far from Pimlico in age.

I say keep both tracks but let's see some more progress with this tens of millions supposedly earmarked for capital improvements and use it to show Pimlico some love as well.

Last edited by pele polo; 07-04-2016 at 09:57 PM.
pele polo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)