Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 11:57 AM   #14
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I would like to know what impression the lady with the pocket queens gave you, as far as her playing ability was concerned. If I was her, and the action was folded down to me in the cutoff seat...I would never make just a minimum raise at that point. My objective would be 3-fold: To secure the button, apply pressure on the blinds...and avoid playing a multi-way pot. My queens aren't looking for "company"...they need isolation. And a minimum raise there might not accomplish ANY of my three pre-flop objectives.

Her minimum raise in that situation seemed like a timid move...but she proved that she was anything but timid when she called off 35+ big blinds after the two all-in shoves followed her minimum raise. Could it be that she noticed something that made her think that by feigning weakness she could induce a reraise from one of the players acting behind her...so she could then move over the top? You did say that it was an "action table"...
I was watching her closely. She came to the table relatively late. My read was she was totally following a quite conservative book.

I think the min raise to 4000 was intended to induce multiple callers.

Which I agree with you is the exact opposite thing you want with QQ.

I would have for sure folded her hand. But she seemed like well I have the 3rd best hand in poker, how bad can that be?

She didn't strike me as a player capable of making a deep run. That said she got what was left of my chips so good for her.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)