Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 04:06 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Truth be told I thought he had exactly what he did. A K off. You're right about him being a solid player. Therefore no need to shove with a wide range.

Sometimes best laid plans just don't work out. I was shocked to see her QQ. But that's what she had. In her situation I would have actually thought about folding QQ. She didn't and out I went.

Appreciate your input.

Next WSOP tourney for me is the $1000 Super Seniors NLH which starts on Tuesday the 27th.

Let's GO!
I would like to know what impression the lady with the pocket queens gave you, as far as her playing ability was concerned. If I was her, and the action was folded down to me in the cutoff seat...I would never make just a minimum raise at that point. My objective would be 3-fold: To secure the button, apply pressure on the blinds...and avoid playing a multi-way pot. My queens aren't looking for "company"...they need isolation. And a minimum raise there might not accomplish ANY of my three pre-flop objectives.

Her minimum raise in that situation seemed like a timid move...but she proved that she was anything but timid when she called off 35+ big blinds after the two all-in shoves followed her minimum raise. Could it be that she noticed something that made her think that by feigning weakness she could induce a reraise from one of the players acting behind her...so she could then move over the top? You did say that it was an "action table"...

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-17-2023 at 04:11 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)