Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: ADW Security
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
Gorrex

A few things here.

1. Having "secure" in the name/URL does nothing, its really just a mind trick. Our URL used to be secure.amwager.com. It was no more or less secure than the current one pro.amwager.com. (we changed when we ran both the old UI and new one at the same time.

2. What matters is the certificate and that the site is HTTPS enabled. As far as I'm aware all ADWs are and all of them forcefully redirect you to the secure URL if you try to use standard HTTP. You can tell this if you see the lock icon near the URL (in most browsers). And also most browsers will alert to you "Not Secure" if your on standard HTTP.

3. The URL /server being secure is only the first step. You should also care about how your personal and financial information is secured. Any personal information should be encrypted in transit and in the storage. Any password should be one way hashed so that even the ADW provider cannot read it. We do and I hope everyone does. We also enable encryption at rest, encryption between all of our own servers, encrypted connections from us to our tote provider, firewalls, OWASP etc..

Finally, even though not required in our industry we do periodic penetration testing against our software/products. If your not aware of what that is, basically we pay a company to try to hack us and they let us know of anything they find that could be an issue. I'm not sure but I'm guessing most of the ADWs do this.

I'm not saying we are perfect, true security on the web is a very complex, very intricate thing and its always evolving. It's quite literally an ongoing war with new weapons and shields every day.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62