Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #9600
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I'd call Netanyahu a bigot reserving anti Semite exclusively for those who hate Jews. This being the accepted, though not technically correct, definition.

Husseini was a virulent anti Semite but to suggest that hitler sought his, or anyone else's counsel, is laughable.
The main problem with the term "anti-Semite", IMO, is that people attach this label to whomever makes a condemning statement about anything that has whatever to do, not only with the Jews...but also with the State of Israel. If I say something that condemns the government of Israel, I run the risk of being labeled an "anti-Semite"...before I have a chance to explain that I also hold the REST of the world's governments to blame for the shape that our world is in. It's as if Israel is the only country about which we must maintain strict rules of "political correctness"...whereas "political correctness" is widely laughed at, including in our own country.

I have seen people here blaming the United States for many different things...but I seldom see anyone make a derogatory comment about the State of Israel. In fact...Netanyahu is hailed as a "world leader" in PA-Land...his apparent "bigotry" notwithstanding. Where is the "fairness" in that?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)