Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #166
NY Racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Here they are touting their "successful meet" because of the big average payouts...

But wouldn't their average payouts be even bigger without the takeout increase?

The irony.

-jp

Jeff, as a high volume bettor and HANA supporter, I applaud your efforts. It isn't easy to go on a crusade like this without assistance from some of the more influential (NTRA) horse racing organizations. I am absolutely supportive of the Keeneland boycott.

However, I don't agree with your leadership in a couple of areas. Firstly, you have implored your supporters to boycott for Keeneland for just this month's meet. Doesn't this encourage Keeneland's braintrust to think that they just have to survive the handle decline for this meet? Won't they think that people's short memories come into play and will "forget" about the takeout increase once the Spring Meet rolls around?

Also, why not constantly remind your supporters via email blasts about the tracks with high takeout/poor value when their respective meets open? Your track rating chart on your site is fantastic and has tremendously valuable and detailed information. Unfortunately, I don't think that enough people know that it exists.

Takeout couldn't be a more vital topic to bettors & the future health of horse racing. The handle numbers that are coming out of this short Keeneland meet are crucial. Everyone is watching.
NY Racing Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)