Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach
“Hey Dumbo!” one of my elementary-school classmates called out. Yes, I had what are called “sticky-outie” ears. Well, I looked back at my classmate, the one who brought attention to my ears. I’m sure my pained expression could be seen by him and the others.

From that day forth, I’ve tried to avoid demeaning others based solely on their race, speech patterns, and physical appearances.

In this post, I’m commenting on the unbecoming remarks spoken by the soon-to-be president, Donald Trump. His "ad hominem" put-downs do not befit a President of the United States of America.

For example, recently, Trump has referred to Democratic Senate Majority leader, Chuck Schumer, as the “Head clown”.

In the past, even members of Trump’s own Republican Party have been subjected to his brickbats: Governor Jeb Bush, the son and brother of former presidents, was called “low-energy”. Senator Ted Cruz was called “Lyin’ Ted”. Senator Marco Rubio was called “Little Marco”. Senator Lindsey Graham: “Dumb mouthpiece”. Governor Scott Walker: “Puppet”. Senator Jeff Flake: “Weak”. Governor Rick Perry “should be forced to take an IQ test.” Governor George Pataki “couldn’t be elected dog catcher…” Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal: “Lightweight”. Senator Rand Paul: “Truly weird”. Senator John McCain, who Trump called “a dummy” was also besmirched with the remark: “I like people who weren’t captured.” What an insult! A true American hero of the Vietnam War was castigated by a man who never served one moment in uniform.

Yes, Donald Trump’s approach is all part of a propaganda technique called “Name Calling”. Giving someone a bad name. No evidence is provided. There’s no support to back up the claims.

Staying in the social sciences, I believe that President-elect Trump has an inferiority complex. Yes, an inferiority complex. He may be a successful businessman. A billionaire. Yet, I believe that deep-down, in his own psyche, he’s terribly insecure.

Further, as Freudian psychologists would say, President-elect Trump is master projectionist. Projection is a defense mechanism in which we assign to others our own unacceptable impulses and shortcomings.

Finally, I’m sure we all remember President George H. W. Bush’s (recently hospitalized) acceptance speech in August 1988 where he spoke of a “kinder, gentler nation.”
And all those people have one thing in common. They were the ones who threw the first salvo.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)