Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 11:13 PM   #55
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
I suspect you don't have it installed. The sheet would react that way whether you have the Solver add-in installed or not. If you go to the File tab > Options > Add-ins you should see 'Active Application Add-ins'. If Solver isn't there go to Manage Excel Add-Ins and place a check mark next to Solver Add-in. Now you'll see it show up as an option on the ribbon at the top (Data tab). The key to the sheet as an example is that the way it is setup is what allows solver to actually help you find the values. If you don't run it then you'd have to sit there manually trying various values for a very long time.
I did already have the Solver add in. I just forgot how to run it. It has been years. When I ran it, I got a bunch of values in those F2-J6 cells, but it's not 100% clear to me what they mean or how I could convert that information into a workable model using just that data, let alone a bunch more. I'll have to play with it some more. Thanks for the start.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)