Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 08:19 PM   #54
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I must have solver installed already because as I change the values in those cells, the ROI and Win% changes and the spreadsheet reacts in a way that makes sense.

But I don't know exactly what I am asking when I change those numbers.

Let's say I put a "1" in cell G2, what am I asking?

If I put a 99 in there I get the same result.

What if I put a "1" in G2 and H2?

What if I put a "1" in G2 and G3?

You aren't really asking anything if you do that, you're telling... If you put a 1 in G2 you're saying I (Classhandicapper) believe a 1.00 should be the point value of the horse with the fastest FR1 in each race. By not changing any other weights you can observe that alone did help your wpct by 3% as it placed a win bet on each of those, they all end up ranked first on the four factor average in column V. Trying it on FR2 instead, notice the same boost to wpct but that characteristic 'only' lost 7% on the sample. However because it lost (any negative roi) solver would then 'try' some other value immediately somewhere because one of the constraints that I've set on this solver run is that we want to see the most winners and yet still achieve a positive ROI on the sample.

Last edited by MJC922; 11-14-2022 at 08:21 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)