Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 11:06 AM   #79
usedtolovetvg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
I was surprised the winner went that low. Admittedly though, I just made a bad line on the race. And did not distinguish myself with the pre-race analysis.

With respect to your overall point, sir, the late money can usually be predicted at mnr, and almost always conforms to obvious logic. Sometimes, players (mostly less informed than yourself, I'm sure) prefer to flatter themselves that their observations are unique, when in fact a late pile-on in the win pool looms inevitable. I constantly advise players that a knack for anticipating late money is critical to beating mnr's win pool. And I am sure this is increasingly the case at other tracks, as well.

An notable exception occurs with foreign money. It is generally dumb.
First of all I would like to thank you and all here for your insights. After the first couple of responses I was afraid I would be attacked when I believed it was a legitimate beef. Thanks to all who took the question seriously.

Now, as for the late money, especially at the smaller tracks, I have rarely, sic never, seen a horse get hammered that didn't break on top or close to the lead. During the race the odds often change dramatically depending who is on the lead or, "moving like a tremendous machine". I will never understand why the tracks do not post final odds before opening the gate. Of course, I remember this was a failed experiment attempted many moons ago. The bots and computer players with the big bucks rebelled. Appeasing them seems to be more important than the everyday Joes who, I like to believe, are the backbone of the industry.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement