Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #1414
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
Have been busy working on design of ver 13. I have decided to make some major changes. Based on my view of things naturally. I find that I am more inclined to understand relationships when presented in a visual way. Just looking at a set of data, as in the factors layout, I have trouble coming to or understanding the actual relationships of the number in any meaningful way. but maybe that's just me. As a result, one change I am making is when the handicapping screen comes up with list of factors, the user can click on an individual factor and a bar chart will popup with the sorted results of that factor. The final rankings end result will show up in a bar graph presorted based on the total numbers. I have decided also to eliminate the scaling as it exists. Not sure what will replace it, but something will.

Also looking at developing some new factors besides the 60 I have come up with at present in the planning stage. Database idea is still floating around and is part of the design work I am engaged in at present.

Consensus screen may disappear also. Not sure yet. Don't know if anybody actually uses it. So that's what is happening lately.

Handi
Sounds good Handi.....

Some sort of weighing should be included.

What will the bar chart consist of for the factor when you bring it up?

Mike

Last edited by mikesal57; 08-28-2020 at 07:33 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)