Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
EJXD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
The lottery can't be compared to other forms of gambling. People are buying the dream. They are expecting to lose, but from the time they buy the ticket to the time they see the draw numbers, there are at least a couple of times that the person is thinking about never working again, buying a bigger home, or a home if they don't have one, and which relatives they will make happy and which they will stick it to.

Takeout is irrelevant for the most part when it comes to the dream, but it is my understanding that the lotteries with the biggest payouts tend to see the most improvement when it comes to total revenues. There is an element that lotteries that pay off more for correctly getting 3 numbers for example, have an overall outcome of getting players to play more often and many tend to lose more of their money in the long run because it becomes more of their focus.
I completely agree that takeout is irrelevant when it comes to Powerball and Mega Millions. I always laugh when people buy tickets at $200-million but not $50-million. The prize is really the same. You get to retire and live like a king.

But I wasn't ONLY talking about big jackpot games. My comments apply to scratchers, daily 3, etc.
EJXD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)