Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Match Race
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
46zilzal
velocitician

the Palimino freight train

Only horse I EVER saw that could buck ONCE out of the gate and still win at 440 yds. Only Bobbie Adair could handle him and it took four people and a place FAR from the others to saddle him.

poor old Kaweah Bar: last saw him running in high claimers at the night time Winter meet at Bay Meadows. You could smell the linament 50 ft away but he still held his head high. I remember yelling at some fool who was bad mouthing him. "Have you ever been a champion? Have you ever been on top?" was my line to this idiot. Folks in the know in that crowd started to take up his defense as well.

I have the win photo the last time he won the Los Alamitos championship. The old gelding had fallen in love with a 12 year old and he wouldn't train unless she was around. She is in the win photo planting a big smooch on his nose!

After his 11 year old season he was sold to people in Utah and broke a leg in a loading accident. Probably for the best as I don't think this one would have had a good retirement.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)