Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Match Race
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
qhrick

Great thread for me, found some quarter horse types lurking around. Thanks to all that have posted

Falconridge: Great recall of names, etc regarding prolific sire Beduino. Among other things when you remind me of Come Six / Luke Myles, puts me to mind of Kaweah Bar who almost beat the winning Come Six in the 1972 Champion of Champions. Even in losing and well past his prime, the charismatic palomino ran great that day

another add Beduino:
His legend in Mexico was huge when brought here and the match race against the rock solid Charger Bar never came off. ( I still remember the Ed Allred owned mare as one of the toughest to beat ever, seldom winning by much, always under James Dryer, but almost always prevailing by a short margin. Probably somewhere in my top 10 alltime q's - maybe with Dash for Cash, Go Man Go, Easy Jet, First Down Dash, etc )
But Beduino did run and win a match race here. I for the life of me can't recall the name of the Viloet Leak owned filly he beat but she was a very good horse, short of a real superstar tho. I was told by good authority and believe it 100% that the result of that match race was predetermined and desgined to promote Beduino as a sire. Beduino went on to be an extremely influential sire
qhrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)