Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #74
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Ahhh yes another of those classic east vs. west threads.

It starts by everyone giving their opinion. It ends with east coast homers turning their opinions into facts, insisting that non-conforming opinions should be considered second rate, ridiculous, grounds for a PA ban really.
I really dont care about facilities, most the time I am betting via video not in person.

I always will be a west coast player first but objectively there are some areas that the west coast racing is ahead of the east coast and it revolves around the dirt racing.

The dirt racing in socal is more competitive, and part of the reason is while baffert is a dominant presence he has paired back his stable a bit so he is not in nearly as many races, in NY Pletcher and CB dominant almost every entry box and often times the races are hardly competitive.

The depth of the turf fields is much higher in NY though, not really sure why but there has been a very noticeable drop off in talent in socal on the turf. I would be shipping west for any Grade 1 or 2 with second tier stock if I owned horses. I would do the same on dirt going east.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom