Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 03:57 PM   #31
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybag View Post
It may be the idea that gets me in front of the right authorities. Then the idea morphs into placing the Medicaid savings back where they belong (general tax revenue fund), and jump starts the conversation of slots funding purses/OTBs/fixed odds wagering. I think if the project delivers, the legislature may be grateful to the racing community for bringing the idea.

I remember my former Office suing and collecting $5,000 from a parent in the 1960s for treatment toward his son. He hated us. Through a series of events, this parent become a member of the House of Representatives, then our director. He sent a staff member to our Office to learn how to dismantle the Office.

His staff member went back to the director and told the director that he does not want to get rid of us. Later on, this director who hated my Office, was sending letters of appreciation for some of our creative "first in the nation" accomplishments.

What would be ridiculous is not even having a conversation with the Medicaid authorities, closing tracks and cutting purses. Give me 10 minutes with them.

So basically you are for subsidizing a business that can't make it without a subsidy.

What politician wouldn't get behind such a powerful movement to save horse racing?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.