Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I think in retrospect the biggest issue was the selection of Supreme Court judges. Republicans (and independent conservatives) realized that they couldn't abide a potentially liberal court for a generation. Trump's flaws became secondary to the need to not have a Democrat make those calls. The other issues are significant. I just think the Supreme Court was the deciding issue for a lot of Republicans.
Wrong. The water cooler conversation was mostly about a choice. Hillary and the Clinton machine represented more of the same, conservatives rejected it. We all know and knew coworkers that have vaporized... Laid off and faded away. God only knows how they fared. Lost homes, lost their marriage, cut ties with friends in unnecessary embarrassment.

This was about change. It wasn't about trump. (As my pastor said, it's all about which toilet bowl you want to lick)....Neither is a good choice, but American workers have seen the carnage of the last eight years. No recovery, or at least lack of recovery, and a disconnected White House drove last night's results along with the prospect of more Clinton machine business as usual politics
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)