Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: A Final Version
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
limit2

It is wonderful that race fans have different views on Thoroughbred Racing. I have read your response and differ on a few points. Let me explain: No matter how you do it the field has to be reduced to manageable levels, i.e. No scratches, no Maidens, 4 races/da, etc. And it is done quickly. The game is not that complex if you consider the formula: hit ratio x average ongoing $2 win mutual = FP. if FP=2.8 or better you are home free. No requirement for how you do it. No computer simulations or algorithms, Beyer Speed Figures, trip handicapping, etc. ...just old-fashioned selections (maybe 2 per race). The rules should be rigid so that the opportunity to be consistent is available and predictability is possible. Thus we approach investment and overcome gambling. Take the last 10 days at PA and Turf Paradise and apply my rules. Data: 25x2=50 tickets, 5 hits, average $2 mutual= $48.98and ROI > 100%.
limit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)