Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #49
Dexter C. Hinton
dch

Two points, (1) I have a Kindle from fathers day 2009 (obviously a gift) and I recently downloaded a copy of the current App. 'All' of the documents I have purchased were listed and became immediately available. I am not a technical expert on Kindle, but I can say that I have consistently utilized the same Amazon account through the past years. 'Every Kindle purchase I mae came up, including same 'Sample' items based on books/documents (i.e., authors, etc.) over the years.

Point (2) I have completed reading the 'new' Meadows manuscript and I agree with Pandy that there is not much 'new' included for those that have studied and experienced racing and handicapping for many years. It is however at very good read for the individuals who are 'newer' to the game and do not have a tremendous amount of experience with 'computer assisted analysis and handicapping'. The larger the sample size the better.

We all have our theories and processes on how to address 'profitability' in racing. I have 'no' specific disagreements with anything presented. The KM HTR supported effort(s) are excellent, as to be expected.

My main negative however is in the 'tone' of the document. I read about 990 (kindle locations) 12% of the text immediately when I purchased it. When I finished that portion for the night, I felt that the text was 'extremely depressing'. I completed reading it the next day, and I retained this feeling of depression. I want to emphasize, not depressed by the author or the technical content of the manuscript, but by the 'tone' of how it was presented.

Perhaps it is just me, but after some thirty-five plus years of reading racing and handicapping tomes, I do not remember one that left me with a negative feeling of the game (and obviously our chances) of a long-term positive winning experience. Whether it be Ansile, Quirin, Brohammer, Quinn, Beyer (and many others) their manuscripts were presented to readers with, not a method or process to 'master the game', but with hard work (research, analysis, etc.) a road map to follow to attain some success and profitability.
In summary, hard and difficult, but at the very least 'positive' reads.

This book, as an associate said to me, is very much a glass half empty.

Perhaps it is just me, not a normally depressive individual. Lets hope I am incorrect.

Thank you.

dch
03/02
13:46.31..31
Dexter C. Hinton is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)